We shared our preserved lemons on instagram and we had several people asking for the recipe. We are very excited to share the set of instructions for preparing this dish with you. We hope this enticingly simple ingredient turns your dish into a mouthwatering sensation.
6-8 organic lemons
2 tbs kosher sea salt
3 tbs turmeric
3 tbs red chilli pepper flakes
1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- Mix all your dry ingredients
- Wash the lemons
- Cut one end of the lemons off
- Quarter the lemons while still keeping the whole lemon intact
- Stuff the lemons with the dry mixture
- Add lemons to the jar
- Add apple cider vinegar
- Put the lid on tightly and store in the warmest place in your kitchen (next to or near the stove is a good idea)
Avoid opening the jar until it’s ready. Make sure to rotate the jar gently everyday so the lemons get coated evenly. It takes about a week or two for the preserved lemons to be ready.
Comment below and let us know how it turns out for you. You can also hashtags us on wholesome101.We would love to see your take on it.